Monday, June 11, 2012

Graduation Dress

This past week, I graduated high school. As bittersweet as it was, I'm so proud of myself and the others in my class, especially my IB class for making it through these insane high school years and moving on to pursue our ambitions and our future.


For my school, graduation is an incredibly ceremonial affair (as I imagine it is elsewhere) and comes with a number of traditions. One is senior white; senior ladies are expected to have a white dress to wear to senior events and graduation, as the female graduation gown is white and anything other than a white dress would show through.


I think I speak for a lot of other girls when I say that the search for the perfect white dress was an object of great concern. In a sense, it's a little like a culmination of the development of your style throughout high school (I'd say all the girls I know, myself included, have come a long way since freshman year). I know it was really important to me to find a white dress that really showed off my personal style and would still stand out amid a sea of white.
I'd like to say that I succeeded :)


After much stressing and deliberation, I settled on a dress from (you guessed it) ASOS. It was very unique and unlike any of the dresses I saw on other girls at senior functions, which made me happy :)




It was quite affordable and turned out to be a very flattering fit. I loved the details like the dip in the back and the multiple cross-over straps, although they made the dress a little impractical at times. 




It was a fairly revealing dress and not one I would usually wear to school, but most senior white dresses break school dress code anyway, and I figured that would make it a better summer dress. My boyfriend said he really liked it on me and in general no one had any objections. It'll be a great dress for when it gets hot and I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it this summer.


A picture of me in my dress with my parents after the graduation ceremony :)

I'm not the only one that stresses about dresses for such occasions, am I?
Until later,
Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment