Monday, June 4, 2012

I Own This: Colorblock Collar

Hey guys! So I've come up with a new series for this blog. The idea behind this is to share with you some of the dresses I own-- not with the intention of showing off or bragging, but to remind myself to appreciate what I have admist all of the lust for things I don't have. Also to share my personal taste, style, tips on how to wear similar items, and stories as to how I came across these pieces.

World, meet one of my favorite dresses ever. Please excuse the lame mirror-phone shot.


I bought this dress last fall, when I had just discovered ASOS. I thought (and still think) this dress was absolutely beautiful-- from the bright coral color to the black contrast peter pan collar. When I saw that it had been marked down to about $32, I couldn't resist.

 
I thought this dress would make a fantastic transition piece to wear during spring and fall. I also liked that its length and cut make it school appropriate. It's simultaneously conservative and playful.


I confess that I love this dress in real life even more than I did online. I love the bright grapefruit pink, the adorable collar and tie, the pleats, and the airy feel of the dress. It's very comfortable, fits me well, and the cut flatters my figure nicely.


I love that this dress is an outfit in itself. I usually simply pair it with black shoes and feel no need to accessorize. On the days when I lack  the inspiration to coordinate a top and bottom, I throw it on. It's an effortlessly cute dress and I always get complimented a lot when I wear it. One of my classmates commented that the dress made me look like a retro pilgrim. She meant it in a nice way, and I quite like the description.

Do you have a go-to dress on lazy days?
Until later,
Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment